Volunteering is a vital part of the Trinity care foundation. It roots in our core belief that all individuals have a unique ability to bring lasting change in society. The volunteering emphasizes more in providing awareness about health, give treatment for below poverty line people. Volunteers can work in prevention programs to support the communities affected by the Covid pandemic. If you are devoid of work due to the pandemic, spend your valuable time volunteering. It gives a positive impression on you while applying for a job among other competitive applicants. Level your career to greater heights by volunteering, especially when facing a recession to find a job for your qualification. Casting an idea for upcoming healthcare projects shows your dynamism with our organization.
VOLUNTEER IN SCHOOL HEALTH NUTRITION PROGRAM
One of the many volunteer works in Trinity care foundation includes the School Health Program. Are you passionate about upbringing an awareness about health for school children? Then propel your cause along with us.
● Detecting BMI in school-age children is more effective, the onset of pediatric overweight can be prevented. These programs decrease the prevalence of health risk among school-age children and have a positive outcome in academic performance.
● Renew your creativity level by participating in active programs like health awareness talks among school children. Teach the children about the importance of physical activity and maintaining a healthy diet to prevent obesity.
● As a volunteer, you need a multidimensional approach for educating the children about healthy diet and nutrition, to improve cognitive behaviour. Teach the children about the role of food, diet chart and healthy snacks by engaging them in some fun activities and stories. Involve the children to draw their favourite fruit and vegetable and present the picture to their friends. It makes the children more interested to eat healthy foods at home.
● Diseases like stroke, heart disease, cancer occur in adolescent age due to unhealthy lifestyle. Nutrition education is necessary for children to adapt to a healthy and productive lifestyle. It includes listing the food from food groups, ill effects of packed foods, handling the food safely, benefits of calorie intake.
● School children are more vulnerable to diarrhoea due to intestinal worm infection. Teach the children about maintaining the hygiene by proper handwashing habits. You can perform a skit to make children understand easily. It builds a good rapport with children.
● Sugary food consumption like sweets, biscuits, chocolates, soft drinks increases the cavities. Children with caries avoid smiling due to the unpleasant appearance of their teeth. Toothache is the major problem for missing the classes at school. The difficulty in chewing and biting decreases their food intake. Educate the children about the frequency of sugary foods intake, use of fluoride toothpaste to prevent caries.
IMPORTANCE OF HEALTH TALKS IN A COMMUNITY
● Sharing the information at a community level makes most of the individuals actively participate.
● The discussion reaches many people at the same time. Volunteers require less time for preparing health talks.
● Many people below the poverty line, lack the confidence to convey their health issues to healthcare providers. Educating the community in the local language creates a bond with the people easily. Also, it is easy to understand the health problems of the locals and convey the messages accordingly.
● Many women are restrained from achieving due to the exposure to communicable and non-communicable diseases. Improving the health of a woman expands the well-being of her family, creating a rise in economic status. As a volunteer, you can motivate people about the importance of health.
Many minority groups are at increased risk of getting ill due to unaffordable access to health. If left untreated, the possibilities of mortality are more in this Covid situation. Trinity care foundation’s preventative healthcare is for the people who cannot afford doctor fees and treatment procedures.
● As a medical professional you can volunteer to take preventive measures and conduct premedical screening to reduce the worsening of symptoms and premature death.
● The protocols are strictly followed by Trinity care foundation while managing the suspected and confirmed cases of COVID -19 during the health camps to lower the probability of infection.
● Volunteers and doctors receive guidance and equipments to reduce COVID exposure.
● Understand the medical preference of an individual and involve them in the decisions of their health. This approach is more ‘patient-centered’ and reduces health negligence among marginalized community.
● If you are a future doctor, you gain experience from grounds before medical college by understanding the needs of a community with broader training. Persistent efforts in diagnosing a disease assure you an improvement in your own skills and interests.
Never hesitate to inform Trinity care foundation, if you are interested in a volunteering position. We won’t know unless you take an initiative. If you wish to volunteer with us in Karnataka, India. kindly click this link and fill the application form -> https://forms.gle/s9MNy6ppfyFsNbJH6